March 19, 2014

Font Men

I came across this video today about a company who work in typography design and it's quite cool! Very interesting to see the processes behind their work.

The segment from 2.25 was of particular interest to me, explaining which letters they start designing first, because these become a catalyst for the look and feel of the whole set.

A big part of my Graphic Design study (at University) was on typography, and I think that how you use text can make the difference between good and bad design, or good and amazing design. During my degree our lecturers split us into class groups, each with a different project. I was in the 'Information Design' class which I found so helpful, and use those skills regularly, and some of my friends were in a type design class and got to design a whole typeface for their assignment.


Font Men - SXSW 2014 Official Selection from dress code on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment